Innovation at Yahoo

Finally, Yahoo dares to try something different. It seems the war with Google is not over yet. I have just contradicted myself because few hours ago I was telling my friend Matteo that Yahoo had no chance against Google the Giant (unless uncle Bill decided to buy Yahoo).

Tonight I was doing a search on "java" in Yahoo and look at the screenshot below:

The guys at Yahoo are testing integration of data from their Delicious social bookmarking site within the Yahoo search results pages.
Yahoo has confirmed that this is only a display change and that rankings are not altered by Delicious data, but at least they are finally trying something different.
Google is my favourite search engine, but delicious is my favourite social bookmarking site.
Let the battle begin!

0 comments

Visit BEING FIVE Copyright by George Sfarnas www.beingfive.com